Search This Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2007

New friends, Santa, and Sleeping Babies

So, today was Santa day! We went to Dalhart and stopped at Alco's to get a few things. Got Samirah a pair of new shoes, she didn't have any dressy type shoes. When we were looking at them she saw a pair of those crocs that she fell in love with. She has a pink pair (that are getting to small) and wanted these, they were pink but had a little bit of blue swirled in. She kept saying "Mama! Pretty shoes!!" and pointing at them as I was trying other shoes on her. We didn't get them, I'm broke and really shouldn't have gotten the shoes I got but I got them big enough she'll wear them for awhile. She likes them too, kept looking in the box and saying "Mama, I like shoes!" I also got Cady some socks and a pair of "pretty" shoes lol. They turned out to be HUGE on her (go figure, EVERYTHING is huge on her.)

Anyway, They were starting the Santa pictures at 4 and we got there around 330. I kind of expected people to be arriving early and wanted to be sure to be able to get s parking spot lol. Yeah, no one showed up until about 5 minutes till lol. The first family to show after me had 2 little kids, a boy and a girl. The girl was still small and was held by her momma the whole time but the boy was about Samirah's age and I think she just fell in love with him lol. She was a little parrot to him. Everything he did she did to. Worked out for me because when his Gramma told him to sit by the window he listened and sat there and so Sami sat right next to him. The were hugging and talking and just being so cute. I wish I had brought be camera, there was one time they were sitting facing the window and he had his arm around her shoulders and they were looking outside. Would have been the most adorable picture!

Then it was time to meet Santa. They opened the door and Sami and I stepped in and she looked at Santa and said "No no no" and left the room lol. I talked her into going back in and she cried and cried. They put Cadi in Santa's arm and made sure she was postioned where her face was visible and then I put Sami in Santa's lap. She freaked lol. They tried EVERYTHING to make her smile and got her to kind of stop crying. They took 3 or 4 shots and he told me "That's probably the best we'll get" and sounded like he thought I would be upset that they couldn't make her smile. I don't mind, it's not like they pinched her or something to MAKE her cry. She didn't want to sit in Santa's lap and get the picture taken, not their fault. The crying pictures are just as cute as the smiling ones to me.

After the pictures we went to United and then got some food at Sonic and went home. All in all, was a good day. Not alot to write but was still a good day lol.

NIGHT!

No comments: