Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Doc Appts, Black outs, and cranky kids!

Hey all! Well today has been...umm...interesting.

I had my 6 wk PP check up. The appt was at 11:15 am in Clovis. We got there at 11. I went to the new building, like I had EVERY appt before, just to be told the appt was in the OLD building. No biggy, it was just a short drive. So, we drive over there and I take Cady in and leave Sami with her Gampa. We go in and as I'm signing in Cady starts crying, it was time for her to eat so I had expected it. After signing in I sat down and gave her a bottle I had pumped for the trip. She eats a little and then starts wiggling, meaning she had a gas bubble, so I take her outta her carseat and burp her. She won't let me lay her back down of course but no biggy. We finally get called back and once in the room I have to lay Cady down (can't exactly hold her during the exam heh) and she started freaking out. She does not like to lay down, she prefers to be upright where she can SEE whats going on. The doc askes if I would mind the nurses holding her and I was like "If they don't mind" and she told me they love doing that lol. So, she took Cady to the nurses and came back and we talked for a little bit. Then she examined me (I hate that crap). She gave me a new Rx for the headaches (one that I can't take, I read the little paper and it says "DO NOT TAKE IF BREASTFEEDING!" in big letters. I'ma call tomorrow and ask about it. She knew I was BFing so I'm not sure why she presribed it. I'm glad I read those papers before taking the pills I'm prescribed. She is also setting up an appt with a neurologist about the headaches. When I go for that I will get my IUD also.

So, we run off to Walmart to do some shopping and get the RX filled. We walk it and the store is kinda dark. Ok, strange but all well. I go to get the RX and dad goes to get a few things. I stand in line for like 30 minutes, get to the window and she takes my RX and tells me it will be filled when the power is back up. So, I'm like "We live 100 miles from here, I'll have to go somewhere else, we can wait around ALL day, Thanks." So, I go to find dad and walk ALL over the store looking and can't find him. I walked pass a few things I knew we needed so I put them in the basket. Five minutes after I put 3 cases of Dr. Pepper in the cart they say over the intercom "Attention Walmart customers! The registers are all down, we apoligize for the inconvinence" Um WHAT??? No registers??? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!! So, I continue to look for dad and finally find him. We decide to go to Portales to the Walmart. We want to go visit but it was already like 4 and the girls were cranky so we couldn't. So, we do our shopping and drop off te RX to be filled. We get what we needed and paid. The plan was we would pay and take everything out to the pickup and then I would run back in and get my pills. Yeah, we forgot. We get about 11 miles out and Dad remembers. So, we drive back and I run in to get them. Yeah LONG ASS LINE! So I'm standing there for like 30 minutes and finally I'm next! Then Dad calls my cell, both girls are freaking out, Cady is hungry and Sami, well, to be honest I have NO CLUE what she was crying about. So, I tell him I'm next and we hang up. So I get my pills and run back to the pickup. We head home, get about 5 miles from Broadveiw and Sami starts crying saying she needs to poop and that it hurts. So, dad agrees to pull over in Broadview. Sami is in Diapers so the only thing we can figure is that being strapped down so tight in the carseat is making it hard to poop or something.

So, we pull over and Cady starts crying also. I unbuckle Sami and then unbuckle Cadi and get her out. I let Sami be a banshee in the backseat while I burped and changed Cadi. Then, I put Cadi back in her carseat and grabbed Sami. I changed her (no poop BTW) and buckled her back in. She was fine and Cadi was ok too. So with everybody strapped back in and happy we hit the road. Have I mentioned that I had about 8 oz of pumped BM and planned to use formula if I didn't have enough BM? Well, I didn't have enough BM but guess what, I forgot to grab the formula! Cadi was hungry and I had nothing and we didn't want to sit so I could nurse. So, guess what? I got to milk myself! lots of fun, let me tell you! I had to self-express milk into a bottle, I got about 5 oz all together. I got about 2 oz and Cadi started crying for food so I stopped and gave that to her, that held her until I could get about 3 more. She drank another 2 (I think) and fell back to sleep. So, now I know that if need be I can get milk in a bottle no matter what (though I think about 2 oz worth of milk leaked out.)

Anywho, we made it home without further incident and tomorrow I must go to Tucum for a WIC appt. The appt is at 9 in the morning and Dad is making me go alone. Will NOT be fun lol.

Then on the 6th I will be going to Dalhart for Santa pics! YAY!

I'll post more tomorrow, night!

No comments: