Search This Blog

Friday, December 28, 2007

Another Day, Omlettes, and Crazy Kids

Well, yet another day has gone by. Nothing of interest has happened really. It's still pretty white outside.

My friend Jen is planning on moving down sometime in the next wk or 2. She will stay here until she gets her own place. At least thats the plan. Things aren't going so good for her and she misses NM. If she does make it, we may be looking to get a place together. We'll see.

I made an omelette for dinner tonight. When we have omelettes we make one big one then split it between the 3 of us. Normally we use 6 eggs but there was only 7 in the carton so I used all 7. I fried the left over ham from Christmas dinner with some frozen spinach and mushrooms and used the grease from that instead of using butter. There was WAY to much stuff lol. I took out that mix and poured the egg in. I added that and alot of cheese when the time was right. Then I tried to fold it. Didn't work lol. It didn't go all the way, to much insides hehe. Well, when I went to flip it it kinda folded the rest over (think burritos) so I was like cool, that works. I let it finish then cut it up ect. Turned out pretty good actually. Oh, I added some Lemon, Pepper, and Garlic souce/mariniade thats meant for fish or chicken to the eggs. Not alot, just enough for a little flavor. I was happy with how it turned out.

There was ALOT more spinach in it then I had planned. I had it thawing in a bowl of hot water and I looked over and, lo and behold, the 2 yr old was adding more to the bowl! I told her to stop and went back to my work, looked back and, surprise, she hadn't stopped! Teach me to think a 2 yr old will listen! LOL. I chased her off (no harm done really, spinach is good for ya so I let it go) and went back to cooking. I don't think she ate it all though.

She is being a major pain now a days. She keeps pestering her sister. Today Cady was swinging and sleeping peacefully and Sami was playing and I looked over to check on Cady and Sami was sitting there pushing the swing so far back the poor baby was falling forward! Thank God I buckle her in! I freaked and told her to get away from the baby. I kept an eagle eye on her the rest of the day. She was just trying to push her sister but it scared the CRAP outta me! No harm done, Cady is ok.

Anywho, I am going to attempt to move Cady from swing to bassinet and crash out. NIGHT!

No comments: